Welcome to Nutrition Services!
Dear Parents/Teachers/Administration of Red Bluff Union High School,
The Food Services Department here at Red Bluff Union High School is committed to providing healthy school meals and snacks to all students. The team of dedicated food and nutrition professionals support student academic success and promotes healthful eating habits that lead to lifelong positive nutrition practices.
School meals are served to students under the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program and follow the nutrition guidelines prescribed by The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. The law was designed to reduce the incidence of childhood obesity by providing healthier choices to students.
- Increased produce options, ensuring that students receive both fruits and vegetables every day of the week
- Portion size guidelines and calorie limits based on the age of children served
- Increased emphasis on whole grain products
- Limits on the types of milk served, with an emphasis on low fat (1%) and non-fat varieties
To learn more about school meal regulations visit www.TrayTalk.org
The winning recipe for a healthy lifestyle includes a combination of both good nutrition and physical activity. Your body needs a variety of nutrient rich foods to grow and prevent illness. And your body also needs to move and exercise every day.
Key things you need to know about leading a healthy lifestyle are:
- Eat a healthy diet that includes fruits, vegetables and whole grain products
- Control portion sizes and never “Supersize”
- Get active for at least 60 minutes, five times a week for ages 6-18
Well-nourished students have higher test scores, increased school attendance, improved concentration, and improved classroom behavior. Students, who are physically fit, sleep better and are better able to handle the physical and emotional challenges that they encounter during the day.
Student Breakfast $1.75 per meal
Student Lunch $3.00 per meal
The Application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals (covering school breakfast and lunch) is now online.
Apply for Free & Reduced Meal Benefits online any time!
You can type your information on the form, print it off, sign it and return it to the main campus office, cafeteria office or any snack bar window at Red Bluff Union High School. Make sure you include the last four digits of your social security number or write “none” if you don’t have one. We strongly urge you to apply for the meal program. Your student’s status in the program will never be overtly identified.
Summer Meal Program
Red Bluff Union High School will also be serving a new variety of USDA Approved Snacks and Drinks for purchase at our new and improved Snack Shop:
- Breakfast Burritos, Burritos (Carne Asada/Chicken), Hot Pockets, Chicken Sandwiches, Personal Pizzas
- Rice Krispy Treats, Beef Jerky/Beef Sticks, Corn Nuts, Trail Mix, Variety of Chips and Crackers
- Gatorade, Carbonated Fruit Beverages, Flavored Water, Capri Suns, Milk
We can provide you with complete nutritional analysis of any menu item we serve. If your student has a medical requirement for special dietary accommodations, please call us to get the forms you will need to fill out to document those needs.
Please feel free to call with any questions.
Director of Nutritional Services
Red Bluff Union High School District